Inspired by the Almond Butter Cookie Dough Balls created by our friends at Hu Kitchen, these simple little 'love bites' are the perfect afternoon pick-me-up, chockfull of superfoods, protein and adaptogens - they're gluten-free, raw, vegan and delicious to boot!
[Spike with our new Magic Mylk - The Nooner, for a little extra spice & NOM]
Adaptogenic Love Bites
[serves 20, depending how large you make them!]
- 1/2 cup organic almond butter (homemade or store bought)
- 1/4 cup almond flour (sub option: coconut flour or GF oats)
- 1 cup organic raw almonds (or cashews!)
- 1 tbsp organic maca powder
- 1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup (can use 3-4 medjool dates instead if preferred)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 pinch himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup The Nooner [Optional]
Mix all ingredients in a food processor, then roll into small balls & place on a parchment lined baking tray (one that fits in your fridge or freezer!) to set for 15 minutes -- and keep them stored in the fridge between eating.
Garnish with cacao nibs (optional) // Store in fridge/freezer.