A Cacao-intervention: I have recently-ish become addicted to having a post-dinner, pre-bed 'night cap' -- no, not the boozy kind (though, admittedly that sometimes happens), more of a cacao nightcap. Alas, as caffeine before bed isn't reallyyyy the best idea, I am now mixing up my nightly routine with carob instead.
I know, it's not the same, but it does pack some truly amazing benefits -- and as it's naturally sweet, I can also give my friend honey a rest too.
CAROB, MACA & ROSE NIGHTCAP
- 1/2 cup of nut-mylk (almond, cashew, or even coconut)
- 1/2 cup boiling filtered water
- 1tbsp raw carob powder (or roasted if you prefer!)
- 1 tsp raw honey / maple / rice malt [OPTIONAL for sweet-tooths]
- 1/2 tsp raw maca powder [1 tsp for maca addicts]
- 2 drops of rose water [OPTIONAL beauty boost]
1. Heat up the mylk either in your microwave, on stove top or by magic, and pour into your blender -- add hot water, carob powder, maca, rose water & sweetener, and blend until smooth (about 30 secs max).
2. Serve in your fave mug!
PS. Cacao though...