This Week's Wellness Hack...
#FEELGOODAF --- Add 1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar (with the "mother") to your water bottle 2-3 times a day to help flush toxins, boost your metabolism, ward off cravings and alkalize the body [goodbye HANGRY, hello happiness]
**If ACV is a
Link LOVE: Chalkboard Mag
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits > > >
- DIGESTIVE RELIEF: Clinical evidence has shown that apple cider vinegar can help improve digestion if taken before a meal. Being an alkalizing agent, it can ease symptoms of acid reflux and GERD, while also aiding in the breakdown of ingested foods.
- SORE THROATS AND UPPER RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS: Believed to be anti-bacterial, the use of apple cider vinegar for sore throats and upper respiratory infections is promising. By gargling, many people find pain relief and an expedited recovery from illness.
- ALKALIZE THE BODY (PH): Apple cider vinegar, along with a plant-based diet, can help alkalize the body. Alkaline tissue means that there is more oxygen in the body, which creates an environment that inhibits the growth of pathogens (fungus, bacteria, parasites). In addition, an alkaline pH helps reduce inflammation, improve bone health, may increase the growth hormone, and buffer toxins.
- IMPROVE SKIN: The skin is a direct reflection of the health of the gut, so by improving digestion, apple cider vinegar can help the skin as well. Some benefits include relief from acne, eczema, psoriasis, rashes and rosacea.
- BLOOD SUGAR: Several studies have found that apple cider vinegar may help to lower blood sugar levels. In 2004, a study cited in the American Diabetes Foundation’s publication Diabetes Care found that taking vinegar before meals significantly increased insulin sensitivity and dramatically reduced the insulin and glucose spikes that occur after meals.
- WEIGHT LOSS: Research has shown that drinking apple cider vinegar before eating promotes weight loss. In a study, participants took two tablespoons of vinegar prior to two meals a day. After a four-week period, participants lost an average of two pounds, and some lost up to four pounds!
- CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH: Due to its acetic acid content, research has shown that apple cider vinegar can lower blood pressure. In another study done in 2006, vinegar directly helped to lower cholesterol in laboratory rats.
- CANCER: A few scientific studies have indicated that vinegar may be able to kill or slow the growth of cancer cells. In particular, apple cider vinegar may be effective for esophageal cancer treatment.