Easy to make, nourishing and ridiculously delicious? Yes, oh YES you can. Not to mention it's paleo, free of refined sugar and gluten, and as mentioned: YUM > > and this is ALL that should really matter, let's be honest...
Paleo Pumpkin Cake With Ginger Maple Frosting
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin or fresh pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons baking soda + 1 tbsp lemon juice [or 2tsp baking powder]
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut butter - can also sub for 1/2 cup coconut oil + 1/3 cups raw cashews
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 slithers of lemon rind
- dash pink salt (Himalayan salt)
- 1 thumb fresh ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons hot water
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8" by 8" pyrex baking dish with parchment paper.
Combine all of the ingredients for the cake batter in a large mixing bowl
Pour the cake batter into the baking dish and bake on 350 degrees for about 45 minutes until golden --- take out and allow to cool the heck down before frosting...
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor for about 1 minute until smooth.
Gently frost the cake with the whipped maple frosting and then serve | lick the bowl... :P
SERVE EAT ENJOY xo