These chunky bites of goodness, are as always, EASY to make, nourishing and damn right yummy... What more do you want in life?
ALMOND COOKIES WITH CACAO, CHIA + CURRENTS
Prep time: 15 minutesCook time 10-15 mins |
Serves: around 25 cookies (depending how big you like them!)
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup of teff flour [sub for coconut flour or almond meal if preferred]
- 1/4 cup chopped dates or goji berries [optional yum]
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp baking powder [if you don't mind flat cookies, can skip this!]
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chia gel* (1 tbsp chia seeds + 1/2 glass of filtered water //mix and allow to gel up for 10 mins--- lazy? Skip and just add 1.5 tbsp chia seeds dry)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of organic currants
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, mix maple syrup with coconut oil, vanilla, and chia gel (or chia seeds straight up for the lazy ones!]
- Combine dry and wet ingredients into the same mixing bowl
- Chill in the fridge for 25- 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Scoup med-big spoonfuls of mixture onto baking sheet with about 1 inch space in between each. Press down slightly to flatten a bit -- if you like flat cookies...
- Bake until edges begin to brown, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving, er, eating... ;-)