Our 5 tips for Hygge
- Treat it as a staycation: Download some yummy recipes, head to your local bodega or farmers market to stock up on ingredients [pssst! picking rainbow colored fruits and veggies help boost endorphins [plus provide fundamental nutrients needed to ensure optimal nutrition. BOOYEAH!]
- Make it FUN: if you're not into the 'body' stuff like face masks, long hot baths, beauty maintenance (ahem!) then screw it -- open a bottle of wine while you cook [or a booze-free elixir], put on some tunes [we're digging this playlist] and make a mess! --or do both [hello avocado to the face]
- Call a friend: Or have them over, that works too. Remember the days when we used to actually use the phone to call people? Sometimes we forget how easy it is! [sorry, mom!]
- Superfood Chocolate High: No nasties in this beauty -- just a sh** ton of antioxidants and libido boosting goodness -- Oh La La ---> Which brings us to number 5!
- Get Naked: Lots of options here, but if a long hot bath is not your thing, why not take the moment of calm and coziness, to get a little, er, cozy with yourself. Self Love, not just the physical kind (but that too, why not!), is so important:
- Hold Space -- Place your hand on your third eye (located between your eyebrows) and the other hand above your chest in the middle (your heart chakra) to release a feeling of love and calm --- hold for around 3- 5 minutes with your eyes closed.
- Leave the pajamas on the floor -- naked Sundays are so in right now, not to mention another endorphin booster [with or without your SO]
- Sleep NAKED -- here's why [other than it feels #GoodAF]
Oh and like all things we LOVE, stocking the fridge with some blends is always a must.
link love via WellandGood